However, there’s many linux tools and scripts that can help you figure out what was causing the load issues and when.
Tools and commands you will want to read up on and learn for basic system admin tasks and troubleshooting.
- 20 Command Line Tools to Monitor Linux Performance
- 13 Linux Performance Monitoring Tools – Part 2
- 80 Linux Monitoring Tools for SysAdmins – Server Density Blog
- Amazing ! 25 Linux Performance Monitoring Tools
- 20 Linux System Monitoring Tools Every SysAdmin Should Know
- How to monitor disk I/O in Linux from command line – Xmodulo
- 10 Useful Sar (Sysstat) Examples for UNIX / Linux Performance Monitoring
- Generate CPU, Memory & I/O report using SAR command
- My mysqlmymonlite.sh script can help with that mysqlmymonlite.sh README text file has instructions for setting up a cronjob to email you reports i.e. every 10/15min or every hour.